The award-winning Mrs. Sujata Jaffer is highly respected by industry peers and colleagues for her intelligence, strength, passion, philanthropy, work ethics and leadership qualities.
Founder and Managing Partner of Nexia SJ Tanzania, Sujata brings more than 23 years’ experience from Accounting, Audit and Tax consulting.
- Runs four companies consecutively including Nexia SJ Tanzania and associated companies Corporate Management Consultants Limited (CMC), International Tax Consultants Limited (ITC) and Corporate and Legal Services Limited (CLS) and provides strategic leadership to 40 professionals;
- Has strategically led Nexia SJ Tanzania to become a firm serving more than 200 clients;
- Is a Board member of EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) for Nexia International and chairs the Sub Sahara Africa region;
- Won Africa’s Most Influential Woman in Business and Professional Service by CEO Global South Africa in 2017;
- Invests considerable resources in raising professional developments standards and learning enrichment programmes;
- Supports local CSR efforts with donations given to education and health programmes.
Sujata specialises in the audit of Commercial Companies, Banks and Financial Institutions and Insurance Companies and Donor Funded Projects & Public Sector. She has considerable experience in risk management consulting with particular experience in investigative audit and managing financial investigations, designing and implementing financial control systems for large organisations and internal audit. She led ‘value for money’ investigations in many of the enterprise’s key processes. She also led large fraud investigations that resulted in dismissals of senior managers, widespread changes to financial management systems and significant cost savings. Other roles included carrying out operating system and control audits where she advised senior management on how to improve controls so as to minimise fraud and run their business more effectively.
She is a CPA (T) registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors of Tanzania, and a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) with ISACA, USA and a member of the ISACA chapter in Tanzania and a pioneer member of IICFIP.
Sujata was also a member of National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA), Governing Board and a Member of the Technical Committee. She is a member of Tanzania Association of Accountants (TAA) and is also the Past Governing Board member of TAA and a Treasurer to the Board. She is also the Past Chairperson of the Education and Training Committee of TAA. Sujata has served as a Director at Swissport Tanzania for the past 3 years.