Scroll to top

Tanzania Cigarette Public Company Ltd. (TCC)

Takashi Araki

Chief Executive Officer

Takashi Araki started his new role as CEO & General Manager for TCC Plc effective from October 1st, 2022.

Araki-San joined JT in 1994 in Kochi Sales branch and has held various Marketing roles of increasing responsibilities. Starting in 2002, he took a number of assignments within JTI in the Marketing function in France, Geneva HQ, Hong Kong and latest Taiwan, holding the position of C&TM Director. In 2016 Araki-San was appointed Representative Director for True Spirit Tobacco Company to lead the integration and maximize the synergy with NAS brand in Japan. He also held several positions in the Marketing function in JT, leading brand marketing, pricing strategy and brand portfolio management, including RRP & OTP.

In his most recent position as Vice President for the Corporate Strategy at JT Corporate, he has been leading JTG Strategy and group-wide projects.

Araki-San graduated from the Faculty of Education at Yokohama National University.



Tanzania Cigarette Public Company Ltd. (TCC)

The Company was established as East African Tobacco in 1961. Just a few years later, the Government of Tanzania acquired 60% equity in the Company as part of Tanzania’s Nationalization program – and the remaining 40% in 1975.

In 1995, RJ Reynolds acquired a 51% stake in TCC Plc. In 1999, Japan Tobacco Inc. (JT) acquired all non-US Tobacco operations of RJ Reynolds, including its 51% stake in TCC Plc.

In September 2000, JT, through its international tobacco division, Japan Tobacco International (JTI), increased its shareholding in TCC Plc from 51% to 75%, making JTI the majority shareholder in TCC Plc.