Talent pool at executive level in Tanzania is quite thin
- For businesses in Africa, Tanzania offers exciting prospects. Aggregate annual growth exceeds 7%, amongst the fastest growing economies in the world.
- Strong growth momentum is projected to continue in the long-term largely driven by 5th phase Government agenda coupled with private sector growth, oil and gas, agriculture and improved infrastructure.
- As economic acceleration continues, the need for more executive talent only intensifies.
- However, Tanzania’s rapid growth, combined with historic underinvestment in human capital, is creating a serious shortage of executive talent—which could hold the country back from achieving its full potential.
- •The Proposed CEO Apprenticeship Program (CAP) is therefore proposed out of recognition of the dearth of competent Tanzania ready to move into corporate leadership positions.